Corporate Platform User Guide
- Green: object is in area of strong GPS and GSM signals
- Blue: object is in an area of weak GSM/GPRS (internet) signal so the object’s most current location may not be updated. The tracker in the object will automatically reconnect when it is in area of normal GPS and GPRS signals
- Red: the object is offline and is in an area of weak GPS and GPRS (internet) signals. Wait until the object moves to an area with stronger signals
- Speed: If the vehicle is moving you will also be able to see the speed of the vehicle underneath the online status circle.
- Groups: You can create groups if you want to further segment or group certain vehicles together, such as: delivery vehicles, staff, company vehicles, Metro Manila vehicles, etc. Creating groups will be explained later under Device Settings.
Note: There are areas both in and outside Metro Manila where the GPRS (internet) signal is weak. This does not mean there is anything wrong with your GPS Tracker or the web tracking platform. Usually these are issues caused by the network providers (SMART or Globe) as their GPRS coverage is sometimes not reliable or consistent in all areas.
Some common ways to use geofences are:
- vehicle delivery areas – if you have a delivery vehicle that is only supposed to operate in Quezon City you can create a geofence around Quezon City so that you can be alerted every time the delivery vehicle goes outside of the Quezon City geofence
- Anti-theft – create a geofence around your home, garage, workplace, lot so you can be alerted in real-time if your vehicle or motorcycle are moved unexpectedly
- Field Staff Sales Area – create geofences for the sales territories of your staff and know exactly when they entered and when they left their sales territory
The first step to create a geofence is to click the geofence icon found on the bottom of the screen as shown below:
Then click the + button as shown
To create a circle geogence click the word ‘circle’.
You have successfully created a geofence. In order to receive reports and alerts for vehicles or staff that enter and exit this geofence you will need to create an alert rule under the Alerts section of this guide or simply click here.
- Type Overspeeding in the ‘Rule Name field
- Select the checkbox next to the vehicle or vehicles that you want this rule to apply to. In this example we will choose 2 vehicles.
- On the right side of the popup window select ‘Speed exceeding’ so that it is highlighted in blue.
- Click Next
That’s it, you are finished creating an alert rule. Just click ‘Save’. Now every time the vehicles exceed 80 km/h you will be immediately alerted depending on which notification options you chose in the Notifications tab.
- Trips – this report shows you every single trip that the vehicle has taken during the time period you have selected
- Stops – detailed report on every time your vehicle stops moving
- Geofence Visits – reports on every time a vehicle or staff member enter a certain area (useful if you have delivery boundaries, taxi operator boundaries, sales boundaries, etc.)
- Engine Hours – reports on how often your ignition is turned on and how much idling (engine on but not moving) your vehicle is doing. Great report to help save fuel costs and see which vehicles are not operating efficiently. Your GPS Tracker must support ignition monitoring for this report to be displayed
Scheduled and Automatic Reports
The steps to create a schedule report are the same as creating a regular report detailed in the Reports section. The only differences are:
In the Reports App choose ‘Schedule’ as per image below:
Create User Accounts
Creating sub-users for your organization is easy. Sub-users are a great way to limit and customize the access that each user has to functions of the platform, for example:
- limit changes that each user can make to names of vehicles, creation of alerts, creation of geofences, points of interest and much more
- limit the number of devices (vehicles) that each user can see when they log in. For example: you have 20 vehicles in your fleet but you only want User A to have access/view 11 of the 20 vehicles, and User B only needs to have access to 8 of the 20 vehicles, while User C needs access to 19 of the 20 vehicles.
To get started creating a new user simply click the person icon as shown below. Then click the ‘Account’ box.
Then click the ‘Access Rights’ button on the left
A user always has a Role attached to his/her user account. A Role consists of a set of rights/functions for a user when using the platform. You can have create as many Roles as you want, depending on the needs of your business. If you already have a Role setup for the new user then you can skip this step and go onto the next step below. If you don’t have a role or want to create a new Role then click the ‘Role Management’ tab on the top as shown below.
Click the + Add new Role button and a new popup will display. Here you can select the access rights that this new Role will have. After selecting all the access rights (by clicking on the boxes to the left) then click ‘Save’.
Then we must create a new User and attache the Role. To do this click the ‘Users’ tab at the top of the page and then click. Then click + Add new User. Select the Role that you created in the previous steps (or any Role you wish) and then complete the personal details of the new User. After all is completed click ‘Save’.
Now we need to select the vehicles that the User can view on the platform when the log in. First, select the User, then click the green arrow as shown below. A new window will open.
Select the vehicles that this User can view when the log into the platform. You can select 1 or more vehicles. When you are finished selecting simply click the green ‘Bind trackers’ button. That’s it, now you have a new User, have given the user a Role and have designated which vehicles he/she has access to when logging into the platform.
Fuel Monitoring by GPS and Distance
Once you have setup the required info on the platform for your vehicle, you will be able to see the estimated fuel consumption on reports such a ‘Trip Reports’.
The first step is to select the ‘Fleet’ app as shown below.